July 14th – July 17th
6:30 pm-8:30 pm
- “Joy Story, You’ve Got a Friend in Me” A fun filled adventure as we learn about the value and characteristics of true friendship from the life of Jesus.
- Main verse – John 15:13 “Greater love has no one than this; to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.”
- Joy in Caring
- Concepts: Friends care about each other; caring enough to share; bringing your friends to Jesus; telling others about Jesus.
- Mark 2: 1-12
- Key Verse: Philippians 2:4
“not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.”
- Joy in Loyalty
- Concepts: God is loyal to us and He wants us to be loyal to others; faithful friend;
- Peter denies Jesus Luke 22:47-62
- Key Verse: 1 Peter 5:8 “Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.”
- Joy in Service
- Concepts: Friends serve each other; you must humble yourself putting others before yourself; to serve others it takes humility.
- John 13:1-17
- Key Verse: Mark 10:45 “For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
- Joy in Forgiveness
- Concepts: Friends forgive each other just as God forgive us; Kindness; Compassion; we should have the feeling that moves us to kindness and compassion.
- John 21:1-17
- Key Verses: Ephesians 4:32 “Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.”