“In Christ Jesus, you are all children of God through faith. Galatians 3:26”
PACKING LIST AND DEPARTURE INFO
Everyone needs to be at the church building by 6pm on Friday afternoon. Well pack up and try to be on the road by 6:15. We will NOT be stopping for dinner, so please eat BEFORE you come. There will be a snack at the retreat on Friday night, but no dinner. If you don’t eat before you come, you’ll be really hungry by bed time. Here’s what you need to know as you’re packing for the weekend.
- Your Bible.
- A medical release form, which you can download here.
- A water bottle.
- EAT BEFORE YOU COME on Friday night. We will NOT be stopping for dinner.
- Bedding. We sleep in bunk beds. You can pack sheets and blankets or bring a sleeping bag. Bring whichever you prefer.
- Toiletries, including stuff to take a shower. You may get dirty Saturday, and you’re going to want to be able to bathe.
- A flashlight.
- (Optional) An extra $10. Everyone will get to do the 2,000 foot zip line, but there’s a lot of other fun things to do as well. Lots of it is free, but if you have $10 you can choose from fun options like horseback riding, laser tag, and paintball!
- (Optional) A camera.
- (Optional) Balls, board games, etc.
DO NOT BRING
- A portable media device (yes, this includes cell phones and iPods). They don’t really work out there anyway.
- Guns, knives, fireworks, bazookas, or invasive snake species (have you seen what the pythons have done in the Everglades???).
This is going to be a powerful weekend, and we are really looking forward to what God is going to do to our hearts. Be praying that God will move in a mighty way and that we will return changed to be more like Christ. We will be back around lunchtime on Sunday.